Repaired Mytouch faster?

Last Updated:

1. musicmaster

musicmaster Member This Topic's Starter

May 31, 2010
    So I sent my Mytouch 3G (revision 1.0 'b' without headphone jack) to HTC for repair. They replaced the motherboard. The IMEI number wasn't one that was in the unlock database, so I had to go through HTC to get it

After getting the damn thing finally unlocked, i've been playing with it. It's using the stock 1.6, but it flies. 2.1 (5.0.8) or the 1.6 that was on my phone before the repair was much, much slower. I could never multi-task and things like just returning to the home screen took 4-5 seconds.

Now its instant. I've installed the same number of apps as I had installed before etc.

Is it possible this is a slightly different revision with more RAM or a different CPU or something?

I can't under stand why else it would be so much faster

2. dbgrigg189

dbgrigg189 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    You've also got to think about the fact that you basically have a "clean" phone now, so its gonna be just as fast if not a little faster than when you bought it. Just like a computer, phones like ours slow down with age and use. Though it is possible that yours has a slight upgrade, I personally would doubt it.