repeat notifications

Last Updated:

1. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

does android have a repeating audible notification for missed calls/sms etc.?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

+1 on this notification. My Alias will notify me using the mode the phone currently is in for missed calls / missed SMS - but it is a bit erratic - after a certain point it stops notifying me, so if I miss a call early in the evening the next day I won't know about it until I check my phone manually....

3. ajm144k

ajm144k Well-Known Member

one thing it has is the flashing LED light in the upper right part of the face of the phone. different colors for different notifications, pretty standard on smartphones nowadays. i've come to prefer this to audible reminders (they get so annoying).

but whether or not it will have actual audible notifications, i have no idea. if Android 2.0 doesnt, "there's an app for that" (Download Missed Reminder (Android) 0.9.3 beta for Android - A simple tool to remind you about missed messages (MMS/SMS) and missed calls. - Softpedia). and there's probably 10 other apps for that as well.

4. CatsTide

thanks....good stuff

5. geobernd

geobernd Member

Same challenge here - I also need repeat notifications for voicemail (e.g. when I get a call while in the subway)... Doesn't look like Missed Call does voicemail yet (probably because VM on Verizon is different then on GSM)... Anyone find a solution yet?

6. CatsTide

it would work if you considered using youmail....i love youmail