• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Repeating Screen & Vibration Text Alerts?

I'm legally deaf, (95% hearing loss) so the normal audio alarms/Alerts don't work for me. I don't hear 'em.

I need visual, vibration alerts, not just once but repeating.
So far I have the setting where it vibrates, and the screen comes on briefly showing the text for a few seconds and that is it. Same thing for vibrations... only vibrates once.

It does help the flashing red dot/light at the top of phone flashes until I answer it, but unless I am looking right at it, I miss it.

What I need is for it to repeat vibration/screen to come on, then repeat every x minutes until viewed or the alert cleared.
Any Apps that do that... can't seem to find any?

I'm on the deaf community forums and it would help them too.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jack
You should definately check out the app Light Flow.
It lets you customise your notifications down to fine detail like LED colour, vibrate pattern etc and lets you make notifications repeat.
You can also make it flash the camera flash at the back which could be helpful to you. Let me know if you need any help with Light Flow :thumbup:

Reactions: jack58
Upvote 0
Hi Jack
You should definately check out the app Light Flow.
It lets you customise your notifications down to fine detail like LED colour, vibrate pattern etc and lets you make notifications repeat.
You can also make it flash the camera flash at the back which could be helpful to you. Let me know if you need any help with Light Flow :thumbup:

That is what I want, repeating. Does it program the screen to come on too? That is what I want the most. That flash in the back might be worth a try, but the phone has to be face down?

Do I get the app in the play store?

Upvote 0
Heres the Play link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite
Yeah it will turn screen on uploadfromtaptalk1393909433947.jpg
I dont use that option so i dont know if it repeats that but id guess it does.
Have a play around with it. The free version lets you set notifications for the basic things like SMS, calls, email etc and the payed version lets you do more apps :thumbup:

Reactions: jack58
Upvote 0
Goodnight mate :beer:
If you scroll to the far right you get this screen :thumbup: View attachment 68305

OK, I like the repeating vibration that I didn't have before.
However, I would really like to find a program like this, but also has repeating screen popups like the repeating vibrations.

As it is now, the screen comes on once for 5 seconds and that's it.
The led lights blinks the whole time, so that is nice.

Upvote 0
I cant think of anything else that will do it mate but ill keep my eyes peeled ;)

This will work fine until I find the one I want. It has repeating vibration I didn't have before.

You'd think since the screen comes on the first time when I get a text mail, that it wouldn't be hard for a program to make it repeat?

Say, your up at all hours as there is 8 hours difference between where your at in Scotland and Seattle / Tacoma.

Upvote 0
Yeah i have strange sleep patterns lol im out of work.
You should drop the light flow dev an email suggesting it. He's a really nice guy :thumbup:
Ain't the internet grand! :) Makes it a small world.

I will do what you suggest. In fact, I'll direct him to this thread once I find out how to contact him. I'm looking at this website now and will comment there:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite

Here is what I posted as a review... not showing up yet though?

Can you add repeating screen notification? Otherwise GREAT program!
I like the repeating vibration that I didn't have before.
I like the notification blinking led light.
I like the wake up popup screen notification.

However, I would really like to see where it has repeating screen popups like the repeating vibrations. As it is now, the screen comes on once for 5 seconds and that's it. The led lights blinks the whole time, so that is nice.

Four stars the way it is now... add the repeating screen and it becomes a FIVE STAR!
This would really help the deaf community and I would post and recommend it there if this is added.

Upvote 0
Ain't the internet grand! :) Makes it a small world.

I will do what you suggest. In fact, I'll direct him to this thread once I find out how to contact him. I'm looking at this website now and will comment there:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite

Here is what I posted as a review... not showing up yet though?

Can you add repeating screen notification? Otherwise GREAT program!
I like the repeating vibration that I didn't have before.
I like the notification blinking led light.
I like the wake up popup screen notification.

However, I would really like to see where it has repeating screen popups like the repeating vibrations. As it is now, the screen comes on once for 5 seconds and that's it. The led lights blinks the whole time, so that is nice.

Four stars the way it is now... add the repeating screen and it becomes a FIVE STAR!
This would really help the deaf community and I would post and recommend it there if this is added.
Didn't take long for a reply! Less than an hour. Here is what Andrew said:

Hi
This is certainly on my todo list of features to add I just need to think carefully about adding it as it'll be more of a general setting that if any app has switch repeating screen on notifications that it'll only happen once (ie not per app like the initial notification otherwise you might have several apps repeatedly trying to switch the screen on). I also want to migrate to using some "admin" features available in android as it'll allow more reliable timings for doing this where I'll then be able to add configurable screen on lengths as the current method is quite limited in the more recent versions of android.
Thanks

This is what I call Excellent Customer Service!

^

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Andrew said he will post here tomorrow as it is late in the UK.
Very late for you too! ;)

Once he finishes it, I can get a lot of those sold in several deaf communities.

Yes just echoing what's already been posted. At the moment I'm in the middle of some major user interface changes to the app, but repeating screen on control is certainly planned (and overdue really as I'd planned to add it a while ago!)

Upvote 0
Yes just echoing what's already been posted. At the moment I'm in the middle of some major user interface changes to the app, but repeating screen on control is certainly planned (and overdue really as I'd planned to add it a while ago!)

Hope you get it soon, I could sure use it! :)

Hey funkylogik your not the only one with funny sleep habits. It is 1:50am as I type this....

Upvote 0
I use LightFlow in conjunction with Dynamic Notifications.

Dynamic Notifications allows you to setup breathing alerts which do light up the screen every x minutes. Then I still have LightFlow flashing my LED for me when the screen is off again. I also use repeating vibrate and audio alerts with LightFlow. I mainly use Dynamic Notifications for the lockscreen replacement feature. And since I'm still using a SGS3 with an amoled screen, the battery usage is minimal.

I've purchased both apps in order to help support the devs. Both are really great and well worth the few bucks.

Upvote 0
Heh, yea I was kind of wondering why you didn't mention it. If I remember correctly, you were the one that turned me on to Dynamic Notifications in the first place. Heh oh well, hopefully this will solve the problem for the OP and anyone else with hearing loss.

Yup. DN and LF are the perfect combination on the s3 so hopefully more so for people with bad hearing :)

Yep, that would be me :D

I will give Dynamic Notifications a try. Meanwhile I hope Andrew adds that feature to Light Flow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones