• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replace any Broken EVO's this month for $100?

HAMBO

Aug 15, 2011
Hey everyone,

Been having some issues with my phone that I have been ignoring, but realized Sprint is offering open enrollment into the insurance plan this month. Called them and for $5 a month (which you can cancel right after) and $100 deductible you can get a brand new EVO, will cover problems you had before signing up apparently.

May just wait until I can upgrade to 3D or something else, but an option for anyone who's been holding on to a cracked / broken EVO.

Hey everyone,

Been having some issues with my phone that I have been ignoring, but realized Sprint is offering open enrollment into the insurance plan this month. Called them and for $5 a month (which you can cancel right after) and $100 deductible you can get a brand new EVO, will cover problems you had before signing up apparently.

May just wait until I can upgrade to 3D or something else, but an option for anyone who's been holding on to a cracked / broken EVO.

Hmmmm so to be clear, I can sign up for this, request a new Evo, send in my old one, they send me a new one and I can cancel the insurance right after?

Because mine has a USB charge port issue I'd like fixed but do not have insurance on it, though.

Upvote 0
I got one 'free' refurb via Sprint repair center when my phone started re-booting randomly. This phone looked new except for a piece of dust under the screen near the top. I would have complained except I couldn't see it except when rebooting the phone and it was on a black backlit screen.

This phone died a horrible death after is was left ontop my car and fell off. This replacement was via Assurion. The replacement arrived and it was horrible. The screen was scratched from the back side, it had light leaking all over and you could see the pry marks from the screen having been replaced. I immediately called to let them know I wasn't happy and they said they'd send another. The next phone they sent was BRAND NEW in the retail packaging. Needless to say I was happy. I'm still using this phone. They had me send back the refurb I didn't like the same way I sent back my phone that was in pieces. Strip it down to the bare phone and put it in the pre-paid bubble-pack mailer.

All is well that ends well.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Wow. I'm really amazed that people would publicly abuse a program designed to help customers. Personally, I believe that you should have bought the insurance when it was offered. This little experiment in good faith will likely never be repeated because of people like you who destroy the good faith of those who come up with these ideas. Congratulations on being the one's who ruin it for those who need it.... In advance, truly, thank you

Upvote 0
Wow. I'm really amazed that people would publicly abuse a program designed to help customers. Personally, I believe that you should have bought the insurance when it was offered. This little experiment in good faith will likely never be repeated because of people like you who destroy the good faith of those who come up with these ideas. Congratulations on being the one's who ruin it for those who need it.... In advance, truly, thank you
They also have to lie and say the damage happened after the insurance was added.

My mom lost her phone a week after she bought it. Sprint phone support advised me to add the insurance and it would be covered. I was surprised to say the least! I told it like it was and Assurion denied the claim, as I expected them to.

It isn't worth committing fraud...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones