• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replace battery or do something else?

RebeccaMI

Nov 2, 2011
I got my S4 in late August 2014 so I've had it a little over a year. In late April 2015 I went to visit a friend and of course took it with me. Because I wanted family members to be able to reach me anytime in case of emergency I left it on at night while it was on the charger. I'm not sure if it has to do with me leaving it on the charger all night for five nights in a row or if it's purely coincidence, but starting around that time the battery life is not what it used to be. I turn on my phone around 9am and do not consider myself to be a heavy user but it gives me the 15% warning sometimes as early as 7pm. Most of what I do during the day is making/receiving phone calls and sending/receiving texts. (Okay, and a little playing of games like solitaire or Words with Friends.) The main use of battery is "Android System" at 10% according to the battery info. I'm always on WiFi at work and at home. Android version is 5.0.1 and it's stock, not rooted.

Should I order a new battery? If so, from where? I looked at them on Amazon but many of the comments say the supposedly genuine OEM batteries are Chinese counterfeits that do not hold a charge.

Or should I do something else? I do not have bluetooth turned on anymore unless I want to make a call with my headset, but I do have GPS turned on.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones