• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replace digitizer

meduser

Lurker
May 10, 2013
First, Hello, and thanks for reading:

I recently swapped out the digitizer on a S7560M, and since then, the device is stuck in a boot loop, powers up, goes to logo, reboots.

I have torn down and re-assembled the device to check connections, all appears ok.

Can't get to safe mode or recovery, I'm stuck.

Since this is a fairly new device I can't find any further info. I have repaired many different devices over the years, and have not had an issue like this.

any pointers will be greatly appreciated. I have no issues with wiping the phone, but I can't seem to find how. The recovery menu does not pop up, but I can get to the download droid by pressing power/home/ volume- when starting the device. I know I should be able to get into the boot menu, but all I get is a black screen when pressing power/ home vol+ at the same time when starting.

I have never flashed a rom, or know how to.

I can get Odin to recognise the device, but Windows 8 does not. It did before the screen/ digitizer swap.

Pleas any help in plain old English would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones