Replace Hero housing

Last Updated: 2011-05-20 18:17:46
  1. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

Is there a way I can get the housing that comes on the Hero without actually buying another phone? I just want the shell that the phone rests in (front and back casing).

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Not that I am aware of, you can check on eBay for a used one for parts, or you can buy the Body Glove case, and don't use the clip, simply use the housing which is what I have and it covers over the existing housing and will cover what is underneath

[​IMG]

oOMavrikOo likes this.
  3. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Sure - Go on e-bay - Buy one that says Broken for parts only....
    Should be Cheap....
    Hero is Very easy to take apart. Look on youtube for hero screen dust removal - Shows you all of the steps.
    oOMavrikOo likes this.
  4. oOMavrikOo

What about painting it? Does anyone know the the best spray paint to use for plastic? I'm very capable, just don't know the exact paint to use.
  5. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

You have to be careful with painting. Many paints can actually melt the plastic due to chemical reactions.

To be honest, I would just go with DonB's suggestion and get a case. I have had a case on my Sprint HTC Hero since day one and it has been great.
  6. oOMavrikOo

I had a nice case that snapped on. I dropped the phone one day and it came off and wouldn't snap back on. I've been going on without one since and dropped my phone naked for the first time the other day. It's just a couple small scratches, but I'm kinda OCD about it and every time I look at my phone it's like the scratches are looking right back at me laughing... lol.

I have thought about getting another case but I keep thinking "what's the point" if it's already scratched up.

@Don... how much does that case you're referring to cost?
  7. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

The point is obvious. It prevents you from seeing the scratches. ;)

I dislike scratches on my handsets as well. That is why I would recommend another case. :)
  8. oOMavrikOo

Very good point. Thanks. I just bought an Otterbox case for $11 on Amazon.
  9. DonB

I paid $10 on eBay, but I checked and the cheapest I see it now is $15, it comes with a swivel clip, but I don't use the clip, it is made by Body Glove

10. oOMavrikOo

I found the housing on Amazon. It's $30 though. I'd much rather pit that money towards an upgrade, especially since I got my case.
  11. DonB

I agree especially if you got a case