1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Replace USB Port on Vibrant Samsung Galaxy S

1. herebox

herebox New Member

Hey all --

I'm interested in replacing a bad USB port on a Vibrant. There are a number of ways the USB port could be damaged / etc.

I'm experiencing hardware problems with the USB port on my Vibrant. It always thinks there is a USB connection to a computer , even when there is not. This causes boot loops and a number of other problems described here:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...ification-stays-after-usb-disconnected-2.html

Cleaning the port is not working, factory resets are not working, etc. If you have other ideas for fixing this problem, please read the thread above in it's entirety and post ideas there -- not here.

Otherwise, Is anyone familiar with techniques to replace the USB port?

Advertisement