1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Replaced Framework-res.apk and now im stuc in boot

Last Updated:

1. shmooze1988

shmooze1988 New Member This Topic's Starter

So in an attempt to solve the browser UAstring issue for good, I downloaded a modified framework.apk. Now, I backed up the original one, but instead of renaming the new apk before placing it in the system folder, I placed it within the system folder along side the original. there I renamed it and deleted the original apk and now my xoom is in a bootloop. I cannot access ADB because the deivce is not in debug im assuming. any ideas would be great, thanks...

Advertisement
  2. ScottPV

ScottPV Active Member

Wow. Same thing happen to me. I renamed the original, thinking it was in memory. I was going to move the new one in place but that plan didn't work.

Rebooted into a loop. Only thing I was able to do was use Motos RSD Lite and reflash back to original. Go here: Xoom HRI39 SBF - Xoom Support/General - AllDroid Public Board. I had a long Friday afternoon.

After restoration, update, root, etc, I was able to copy and overwrite the file. BUT I don't see the effect. Some websites are still in mobile view. I even did the about:debug thing so make sure the UA string was set to Desktop.

Good luck,

Scott

shmooze1988 likes this.
  3. shmooze1988

shmooze1988 New Member This Topic's Starter

clicking the thanks button just is not enough haha, thanks very much!

4. ScottPV

ScottPV Active Member

I have the page bookmarked. HaHa,

5. rdillz

rdillz Well-Known Member

You absolutely don't have to SBF to get out of the boot loop. You just need to get to the recovery. You can get there by hard resetting (power button + volume up at the same time), to get to the red Motorola logo screen then push the volume down. This is a time sensitive thing. If you push the volume down too soon it'll take you to the fast boot screen where you can't do anything. But upon reboot, if you wait 2 seconds, then push the volume down, it'll give you the option to get to the recovery where you should have a backup handy.

Yes it's as simple as waiting 2 or 3 seconds to push the volume down after you see the red Motorola logo and getting to the recovery.

novox77 likes this.
  6. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

Can someone post the stock framework-res for 3.2 its got a modified uastring in the Hammerhead rom im running but it's driving me crazy because some apps don't run correctly (ie google docs) because of it.

7. Sushibagel

If you would like to try it here's mine it has a circle battery too from the Hammerhead Tiamat rom. http://db.tt/WEeDUaH

8. fltblkvic

fltblkvic Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm on tiamats hammerhead rom too for the same reason and its not working right, not like sangreal06's framework-res file worked. That guy spoiled all of us! My Google homepage background won't fit the screen and its annoying as hell!

9. Sushibagel

Ya thats definitly one of the items annoying me. I'd love to find a fix for this.

10. Sushibagel

Just found the stock battery plus ua on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1219484