Replaced my phone but same problem?

Last Updated:

1. Keener

Keener Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I'm 4 days with my newest Eve, as the 2 weeks I spent with my other phone had enough problems that the Rogers support ok'd a replacement... only thing is, I'm having the same issues on this phone!

"Connection Error" and "Phone storage is full, delete some files to make room" are the problem when opening gmail email.

It's an intermittant issue, and it happens regardless of whether I use WIFI or the phone data connection. I've even had the error while checking old messages with the phone in airplane mode! The kicker: there's over 100 mb of phone storage left! and over 6 gigs of room on the SD card! The new phone is doing this as well, and before I call Rogers and request a 3rd phone, I want to know if this is a universal issue, or did I (un)luck out with 2 problem phones?

Advertisement
  2. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

No man I am now on my 3rd eve and I have those same problems, among others. I am going to keep sending them back and eventually I am going to make a huge stink about it and demand an upgrade. I went to this phone after my iphone was destroyed and Rogers wanted me to pay top dollar to replace it. The problems with these phones are a plenty and I am anything but satified with it. Massive let down as it really had the potential to be awsome.

3. drowned.rat

drowned.rat Active Member

Hey guys...ya I am having this issue as well. Hard to download email when it's intermittently telling you that you "Phone storage is full." :mad:

This is my first Eve (and first Andriod system) as I just switched from Blackberry. I love this phone, but if this issue continues it will make the phone almost useless.

Are we losing emails to this? Or are they just being downloaded once it thinks there is room?

4. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

No you shouldnt be losing your emails. However, this phone has the option to delet the emails from the server when you hold down on one email at a time (painful if you get a lot of emails like I do). The problem....it doesn't seem to work. My phone pushes for email once every hour and I keep getting the same frigin emails back in there again and again! Also on all three of the eve's ive had in the last month and a half when selecting all emails for deletion the "select all" tab that appears doesn't work either? I also have some serious issues with my camera. I take a photo and if its not blurry and I want to send it via mms it freezes and I have to yank the battery. Then I have lost the pic altogether. Very frustrating considering the pics ive lost. I am not happy with this phone at all so far. Perhaps if the firmware updates were actually available to us it might solve some of these issues but apparently we are not valued enough as customers and therefore not entitled to the lastest updates. Pathetic IMO

5. Keener

I may have figured it out. Instead of using the 'Email' app, use the 'Gmail' app. I have a buddy who's been using the g1 for some time now and he had nothing but problems with the Email app. I use multiple accounts so that's why I haven't done it yet, but I just checked, and I'm now setting my other accounts to forward to my 1 gmail account, and switch to the gmail app.

i'll keep you posted how it goes.

6. drowned.rat

Please do post how it goes.
    I think I may try converting completely over to google. If that works then all is good for me. I can live with a fully Google-based phone. But if I get the Phone storage full after switching whole-heartedly to Google I may have to take drastic steps to switch to a different type of phone (please LG - don't make me get an iPhone)

7. Keener

2 thumbs up so far. my 2 gmail accounts are forwarding wonderfully to my 3rd gmail account. If you don't hear from me soon, it's a happy ending. only issue that I can see is when I reply to a message, it always shows it coming from the 3rd account. i doubt i can change that.

8. Keener

update: there are settings in gmail that you can choose which email you reply with... and it works on the phone! back in business! (and it's automatically replying with the proper email!)

9. drowned.rat

So I took the leap and went all gmail. sorta.
    My phone is now only using one account - gmail. Next, I logged onto gmail on my computer, and thru settings set it up to download my eastlink email directly to gmail (that was way to easy). Not sure how well this will work yet.

One other things, why the hell does gmail have so many different folders to save emails in???? It baffles me, and I hate clutter. The LG Eve has an option to delete folders, but when you try t on the gmail foders it fails. :confused:

10. KurtToronto

KurtToronto Member

From what I understand about Gmail is that it does not, in fact, have folders - rather just tags.

A message can have any number of tags, so you can mark something as both "friends," "rent," and "banking," and have it appear in all three searches (if for example a friend emailed you a debit transaction with money to cover a rent security deposit because he's moving in).

In addition, the "inbox" itself is not actually a folder, rather just a tag, which can be removed. Anything that no longer has the Inbox tag will appear only in the archived folder "all mail," which has everything, and possibly any other tag that you've given it.

If you no longer need a "folder,", you can look up all of the emails under a specific tag, and delete/archive all of them, then remove the tag itself.

Hope this helps.
    Kurt

11. drowned.rat

You are right about the tags vs folders....and you can hide the tags (sorta) on the web based gmail but you can't delete them. And the mobile one is unchangable from what I can tell.

12. Keener

My email is still stable now that I'm using the Gmail app only. Now for all the other issues. >:E