Replaced my Storm 2 with DINCGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rsgunther

rsgunther Member This Topic's Starter

Well - I've had my DINC for about 2 1/2 weeks now. My storm 2 died (the screen went out). I went thru more cell phones in the last year than I've had in my whole life (my first phone was a bag phone - many years ago).

Anyway - I got a Storm 1 around July of last year. I went thru 3 of them (various reasons, but all had to be replaced by Verizon). They upgraded me to the Storm 2 at no charge (nice Verizon). I was on my 2nd Storm 2 - and the screen quit working. That is 5 phones in less than a year.

I was very frustrated. Not only was I sick of the Blackberry (having to pull the battery a couple times a week), but now it was becoming a MAJOR issue. My phone is thru my company (business line). I'm an executive - and NEED my phone EVERY day.

Anyway, I bought the DINC (used my own funds - but it's on the company account). I have some connections - so i was able to walk into the store and buy one immediately.

This is the BEST phone I've ever owned. It has some random glitches like application crashes and etc. The great thing is - I never have to pull the battery. I just restart the application and I'm good to go.

The phone is AMAZINGLY fast, has tons of applications, and is overall a GREAT device. It really is INCREDIBLE.

There is only 1 thing missing - I wish it had a good movie rental program. I want to rent movies and download them to my phone (like my iPod touch that I sold when I got this phone).

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

glad you like the phone... and this is a great place for lots of info

3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Good luck with your Dinc its a great device far superior to any blackberry device . I had the storms too what a failure compared to the android devices. I was going to wait for OS 6.0 but the little we know about wasn't even close !

4. rsgunther

Just bought Tapatalk. Totally amazing.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

5. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

For the movies, get netflix and a good dvd burning program.

6. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

And Netflix is working on an streaming app (I can't wait :) )

7. Darebrokenheart

Darebrokenheart Well-Known Member

How did you find out about Netflix coming out with a streaming app? That will be so nice to have on the phone. Hopefully we watch the movies in HD like with some on the website.

8. rsgunther

Yeah - I don't want to burn movies or do anything else like that. I am willing to pay for them - and download to buy/rent them (like iTunes).

9. Darebrokenheart

Darebrokenheart Well-Known Member

With netflix you can rent movies and stream movies from their website. Hopefully this app will be coming out will allow us access to our accounts so we stream movies from them.

10. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

11. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

I too was a Storm user and was amazed of how much i loved that phone. I was hesitant to buy the DINC and actually was looking into the Motorola Droid, but i didnt want to loose the Storm. I waited a couple of days for the DINC to be realeased ( 4/29 ) and once i had it in my hands i was blown away. I got so use to the battery pulls and other quarks the storm had but who knew life could be so good with the incredible. I am more then satisfied with this phone.

Sorry for carrying on, but wanted to say in know how you feel :-D

12. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see this thread. I am still on my original Storm but am heading to VZW tonight to place my DINC order. I know a lot of people trash talk the Storm, and yeah, it has a LOT of problems but I have always loved it. It's just time to upgrade to a device that loves me back! I can't wait!

13. rsgunther

You are going to really enjoy it. Post an update once you get it please.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

14. DroidPost

DroidPost New Member

Good luck getting your phone to stop ringing/vibrating when you're in a meeting (no mute button!) INCREDIBLY embarrassing! Other than exchange not being as UI friendly as blackberry it's a very functional and useful phone.

P.S. Get the HTC TouchPro 2 1500mAh battery and your phone will last most if not all day.

15. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member

I see what you did there... :p