Replacement Arrives Tomorrow! Any help to guarantee my root?

Last Updated: 2010-07-06 01:10:51
  1. wvuametz

wvuametz Member

My Radio Shack will be replacing my EVO (HW 0002) with light leakage and screen separation tomorrow. WOO HOO!! :D

Now I need to know what to do and what NOT to do to make sure I can root this new phone properly and keep her running solid.

Do I install updates first or skip them? Or skip specific ones? How about my Titanium Backup? Will it be ok to restore apps and system data from my old microSD Card onto my updated (if I update, at all) EVO? Should I even keep my old microSD card?

Heck, any other things that may pop into your heads regarding backup/rooting...just let me know.

I just want to be safe. I'm fairly intermediate on the whole rooting concept and just want to make sure all of my bases are covered with my replacement phone.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. im0rtalz

im0rtalz Member

It depends if your new replacement will be running the original rom that the htc evo came out with, or will it come preloaded with the new updates from sprint. If it's pre-updated for you then there will be no root method as of yet from what I am hearing. Some members at xda noted that best buy has been told to install the OTA during activation, hopefully the Shack doesn't follow this procedure.
    wvuametz likes this.
  3. jhuff83

jhuff83 Well-Known Member

wvuametz likes this.
  4. jacker

jacker Well-Known Member

You gotta read the fine print. If you have the OTA you will NOT BE ABLE TO ROOT at this time. There is a bounty of over 400 bucks at xda to the guy/guys that succeeds though.

So its prolly just a matter of time......