Replacement Battery Cover

Last Updated:

1. eddieroger

eddieroger Member This Topic's Starter

At complete fault of my own in a move I should have known better than to do, my phone decided to hang out for a few minutes on the bottom of my oven, face up, while it was on at 375F. The phone is actually surprisingly great - everything still works, makes calls, cam and rear speaker seem unaffected - but the back battery cover is messed up now. Because I'm optimistic and dumb, I went to Sprint to see if I could get a replacement door from them. No go. Then I checked HTC's website, and they don't seem to sell anything for this phone at all (exaggeration). Ebay also didn't result in anything. Ultimately I plan to wrap my Hero in one of those jelly cases, but I already own one and I'm away on vacation and refuse to by another. Still, despite being wrapped up incognito, I'll be secretly bothered by my less-than-perfect phone, so I really want to order another one. Anyone know a place to do so?

tl;dr - melted the back, want to buy a new one, need to know where to do so.

Advertisement
  2. BlueScreenOfLife

BlueScreenOfLife Active Member

As amazed as I was to see; you're completely right, there is little, if any, replacement battery covers to be had out there.

In my search on Google, I found a handful of web sites that offer very gaudy-looking "cases" for purchase that seem to contain what looks to be just a battery cover. I know nothing more regarding that subject.

The only alternative I can come up with in 5 minutes is to point you to a thread just made by nick325i - http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/31462-3500mah-battery-hero.html

It's a complete battery replacement. Actually, it's a much higher capacity batter. With it being slightly larger, it also seems to come with a replacement battery case. If you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket and could use the extended battery life, I'd see that as something you could benefit from.

I'll keep an eye out, though. This kind of has me worried in case I damage mine as well. So far I've been lucky; I seem to just drop my entire phone into large bodies of water - the battery case always comes out fine ;)

3. caseyatbt

caseyatbt Well-Known Member

Toss a little Bearnaise sauce on it, it is quite tasty.

Keep checking back with them. When a phone comes in for warranty replacement, they can give you door off of one of them before they send it back to Sprint. I had a battery door on my HTC Touch swapped last year sometime.