Replacement battery recommendations

Last Updated: 2012-07-21 23:17:28
  1. kingdave

kingdave Well-Known Member

My girlfriends Desire battery seems to be on its last legs. Gets to 20% after 8 or 9 hours then just shuts down.

I think the answer might be a new battery but unsure where to go. On the HTC accessory store they are selling a replacement battery for £32.99!! Amazon have some for around £8 but I'm not sure they are genuine.

Any recommendations on where I can get a genuine HTC Desire battery for a reasonable price?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The 20% isnt an issue. Read my post here:

http://androidforums.com/desire-support-troubleshooting/534411-power-20-0-instantly.html

Sorry for the link, fed up of explaining it each time.

The only issue is the 8-9 hours. Something is using that power. Your job is to find out what it is ;)

If you want a battery, by a genuine OEM one from an official reseller. If its Amazon selling it themselves and it says its genuine, its genuine. If its a seller, maybe its too good to be true.
    Tyseyh likes this.
  3. Zmol

Zmol Member

Hey I'm in the process of buying a new battery as well. You recommend and OEM battery over all unoriginal products?

I found this one that seems to be OEM and is very cheap. (22 euroes or so)
    HTC Desire Batteri BA S410

would u recommend this purchase?
  4. Zmol

Zmol Member

BUMP.
    My previous link seems to be a good purchase based on what you said, SUroot. Do you still stand by your advice or are some of the non oem products with higher mAh better options?