Replacement bezels?

1. D-REW

D-REW New Member

Sadly I just dropped my Samsung Vibrant. However, the glass didnt shatter and everything else works fine. The only thing is that the silver bezel is all scratched up :( . I am wondering if anyone knows a website where I can purchase a replacement bezel. I also tried contacting Samsung about ordering a bezel from them and currently they have no parts at all for the Vibrant. I also searched around the web and noticed that you can get a whole replacement screen for the phone for just $65, but still not luck on the damn bezel.

Advertisement
  2. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Or you could hide the damaged bezel behind the Tmobile gel case:
    [​IMG]
    This is the second time I've heard about a bezel damaged in a dropped phone. One of big reasons I chose the Tmoble gel case, it protects the bezel.
  3. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

a whole replacement screen for 65 bucks? no way! can you provide the link. this includes the actual super amoled screen?
  4. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Get one of the metallic cases from TMobile.
  5. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Or there is the Body Glove Chrome/Flex Snap On Case if you like the shiny bezel look:
    [​IMG]
  6. aeok18109

aeok18109 Active Member

thats the case i currently roll. waiting for the SGP slider to be back in stock. the body glove one is no glove. its a blasted brick >_< the stupid belt clip doohickey works as a makeshift kickstand but otherwise its ass. makes the phone way to heavy lol.
  7. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

The clip is removable on the Body Glove case. That SGP slider is definitely slick.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. darksandz93

darksandz93 Well-Known Member

that slider looks awesome but im sure it wont work with my invisible shield on it =(.
  9. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Here's a gel case in a cool color that would probably work:
    [​IMG]
    Model : Silicone Case for Samsung Galaxy S
    Manufacturer : Rearth - Ringke
    Condition : Brand new
    Color : Kiwi
    The Ringke cover is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S ! A super-slim design outfitted with a charming new look. The cover is designed to perfectly match the Galaxy S. Rearth's team focused on every detail to insure perfect compatibility of the design and function for the Galaxy S, to guarantee a snug fit without inhibiting the use of each button's function.
    Traditional covers use plastic or silicone covers, while Ringke uses surface etching and high polymer coating technology on top of the silicone material that makes the case soft to the touch, but resistant to scratches and scrapes.
  10. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

did you find a replacement bezel? btw in the assessories section i posted a link to an awesome t-mobile case with kickstand
  11. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

i have both a screen protector and hard case. everything is fine.
  12. Thatoneguy22

Thatoneguy22 Member

This is a old thread but maybe someone will benifit from this reply. I've found a supplier for the chrome bezels. You have to order a min. order of (2), and they are 16.99 ea, plus shipping. comes out to a little under 50.00. I ordered two, not knowing the extent of replacing this simple piece on the phone. You have to completely tear down the phone, including heating up the screens adheasive to remove it from the bezel.

If someone orders these and tries to replace the bezel, please let me know on a scale from 1-10 (one being easy and ten being a pain in the arse) how hard it was for you, and how much knowledge and experience you already have with cell phones. Ive only taken apart one phone in my life (moto slvr) to replace the whole housing, and one button didnt work after that. So I am a little hesitant on taking this one apart due to the nature of the teardown...
  13. Thatoneguy22

Thatoneguy22 Member

I forgot to mention, since the chrome bezels get scratched so easily, I got a can of Plasti Dip Spray (local hardware stores carry them). Its a rubberized spray, color is black although I've heard of them having different colors. Now all I need is some confidence to put this bad boy on!