Replacement DHD QuestionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. david240968

david240968 Member This Topic's Starter

i have had my dhd for about 3 weeks now and the sim cover has never fitted properly and now its getting very loose. i phoned vodafone earlier and they agreed to replace straight away and are sending a new one via courier on tuesday. my current dhd is unlocked and unbranded and i told vodafone i will not accept a locked or branded phone. my question really is am i being unfair on vodafone by demanding unlocked and unbranded and what are my chances of this actually happening. also if vodafone cannot supply a phone as requested what are my rights to refuse and request an altenative handset.
    sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your help. :)

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Were you promised an unlocked / unbranded handset before you ordered from Vodafone. If so, do you have any proof of this...

If the answer to either is no, you probably don't have a leg to stand on.

3. david240968

david240968 Member This Topic's Starter

no to both but an unlocked handset is what i have at the moment and dont want to loose it due to shoddy build quality thats not my fault.

4. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Totally understand your concerns, I'd be exactly the same but they didn't promise you an unlocked/unbranded handset. You can't demand one. What you had first time round is immaterial.

5. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

If it's branded perhaps swap the sim cover and send them the branded one back..... Then deny all knowledge of anything improper - ahem!