Replacement DINC question - 2 day battery lifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. simmons_m

simmons_m Active Member This Topic's Starter

I received a replacement dinc earlier this week. My primary issues with the original version were sound quality on outbound calls, battery life issues.

I have a new device, the audio sounded worse the first day, but has gotten progressively better. The weird thing about the device, is when i have both devices on next to each other, the dbm number of each varies by about 4 to 6 dbm. Is this number a true representation of reception?

The dbm is lower on the new device, which i think is a good thing. However i think it is weird that the dBm would be that different in the same room.

When I run quadrant on both devices, i get similar results, however the new device is showing a significantly lower memory number on "inactive memory. Any idea what this means?

Memory -
    Original Device - Total - 413908KB, Free 13808 KB, Inactive 118,440KB
    New Device - Total - 413908KB, Free 67808KB, Inactive 67704KB

I should just be good with "hey it works", but I cannot notice a significant difference between the two devices other than the dBm number.

Considering the data, i am tempted to keep the new device because of the higher DbM, however i am not sure how to interpret the memory numbers.

What do you guys think?

On a positive note, my battery on the old device is on 1 day, 19 H and 36 minutes without a charge and i have 40% of the battery remaining. Looks like if you do not use the device as a cell phone, the battery works pretty well. Wifi has remained on, the device is still syncing with my exchange server :).

Thanks,

Mike - and I do like lamp

Advertisement
  2. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

I think you are getting better results etc. because its not packed as full with apps as your last one.

My opinion.

3. simmons_m

simmons_m Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you,