• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacement Droid coming....

Well I decided to go ahead and get a replacement droid...so i want to know what i can to make the transition smooth and easy... like making sure i get all my contact and apps switched over

My reasonin was (incase people want to know) the camera only works when it wants i was playing with a droid at the verizon store and the camera was so much better than mine. The there is the call quality issues. people could only hear me some of the time. i was using my phone to call a verizon tech and thought i was using a different carrier or something and i informed him it was my droid. lmao. but he could hear me on my husbands env2. also in there was the jumping from 3g service to no service in the same spot.

A few transition tips, off the top of my head.

Use ASTRO File Manager to backup all of your apps to your sdcard. You can then do a restore with ASTRO when you get your new DROID. That takes care of apps.

Within the stock Contacts apps, backup all of your contacts to the sdcard. Restoring is just as simple.

If you care about backing up sms/mms messages, you'll need to find an app for that. It didn't really matter to me, so I didn't back those up. Some really like "G-Backup".

Your pics, music, and videos reside on your sdcard, so no need to back that stuff up. I'm assuming you will just put your old sdcard in the new DROID. You may want to backup your entire sdcard once you have everything backed up. You should be doing this every few weeks anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones