Replacement droid doesn't show old apps, bookmarks, and settings...

Last Updated:

1. struckmatch

struckmatch New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my replacement Droid in the mail and when I transferred the battery and SD card and activated my phone, none of my apps, browser bookmarks, and settings showed up When I go to market and look at my downloads, none of my apps are there. Even words that I've added to my user dictionary are not there anymore.

This is my 2nd replacement. When I got my first replacement in February (got it from the store) all my apps, bookmarks, and settings were still there. I also had to do a hard reset in March and still all my apps, settings, and bookmarks were there does anyone know how I can get my stuff onto my replacement?? I'm thinking about taking my old Droid and my new replacement to the Verizon store and seeing if they can transfer it

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Did u sign into your google account? That would or should get all your paid apps back.. other than that if u don't have them backed up you'll just have to redownload them..

struckmatch likes this.
  3. struckmatch

Yeah I logged into my Google account. All the apps were free BTW.
    I'm hoping that I wont have to reinstall everything manually because I have to return the old phone within 10 days and its probably going to take me longer than because of my busy schedule. Especially with the browser bookmarks.

Thanks for ur help though

4. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if google automatically backups and restored bookmarks via your google account. Settings should restore though, and apps will restore (eventually), as long as you do not open the market. If you open the market it resets your apps and will not restore your previous app installed I think.

struckmatch likes this.
  5. struckmatch

I remember that last time I had a replacement and the last time I did a hard reset everything appeared (and about 90% of my bookmarks). Even my wallpaper. The only thong I had to do was rearrange my icons and Widgets. I also read that the settings, bookmarks, and apparently are all suppose to be saved into your gmail account.

I'm just going to bring both phones to the tech guys and see what they can do. I was able to reactivate my old phone and back up the apps through astro file. So as long as they can get my bookmarks onto my replacement I'll be satisfied

6. Krugger

Krugger Well-Known Member

App dragon will create a list of the apps.
    App Dragon App Lister v1.21 Application for Android | Entertainment

Also Appbrain can help install your apps faster if you want to try that but be careful to backup your list of apps once you create it and before you sync the new phone.

SMS Backup & Restore to backup your SMS to SD card and restore them on the new phone
    SMS Backup & Restore v3.2 Application for Android | Tools

Bookmark Backup & Restore to do the same with your bookmarks
    Bookmark Backup & Restore v2.9 Application for Android | Tools