Replacement Droid in Mail

Last Updated:

1. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone receive a droid replacement in the mail lately? Mine had the power cycle issue and was wondering how the build quality of replacements were?

Advertisement
  2. gonzoguy24

Anybody???

3. longdaddy

longdaddy Well-Known Member

I got one directly from motorola via fedex yesterday it was one of the newest builds 46/09 and it had more probs then my 40/09 so I'm sending the 46/09 back you would think the build qaulity would get better but it aint

4. gonzoguy24

Wow...that sucks! Any other stories????

5. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

not sure why'd you expect any difference this soon.

when you return a tv, do you expect the new one to be of better build-quality? if you buy a car and then the exact same car 2 weeks later, would the new one be better built?

just sayin.

6. gonzoguy24

Well this is based upon what others have stated on this forum and different build quality...tightness of slider etc etc. Also...if you owned a storm you would know what i am talking about

7. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

yeah certainly there are slight differences between units, although i think ppl greatly exaggerate these differences. manufacturers invest a sh**tload of money to ensure tight tolerances. but regardless, what i'm saying is that this would be based on chance. if you replace your old droid, there's a slight chance you'll get a "better" one or a "worse" one, but it's not like they've retooled the factories in the last 2 weeks.

8. gonzoguy24

True. I agree with ya. I was just simply asking around is all. :)

9. kabz

kabz Member

I got my replacement Droid yesterday. I put the old battery in it (didn't come with one) at about 80% charge. Spent maybe an hour redownloading apps, setting it up etc. And then I turned it completely off because I didn't have time to set up the notifications and didn't want it beeping during the night. When I woke up, it wouldn't turn on. Was completely dead.

10. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

My first DROID was a 44/09 build, along with my buddies, as we shared a new VZ plan...sent back for 3G->1x issue/signal loss all over town, but had snug fit between monitor and keyboard assemblies. His had no hardware issues either. My replacement was a 39/09 and slider was loose out of the box.

11. zenit

zenit Member

I have a new droid from week 45 and so far no problems at all. Very nice device overall

12. melmigs

melmigs Well-Known Member

Got a 42/09 today in the mail to replace my 38/09 which had a loose slider (I think it was from using the snap-on gel case from Verizon). This slider is a lot tighter, the only problem I've had so far is the keyboard backlight not coming on when I first started it up, it took 2 restarts to enable the backlight. Other than that this one seems good!

13. shanelby

shanelby Active Member

ok so i got a replacement droid today and it was not a certified preowned device and yeas i was out of the 30 day window and yes i still had to switch over the battery and back door.... but the device is NEW

14. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

how do you tell when the device was made?

15. hopla

hopla Active Member

Take out your battery and in the middle of all the barcodes you should see ##/09. mine is 47/09 for example

16. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

45/09....no problems at all!!!!

17. hopla

hopla Active Member

I've had 2 47/09 and they both had loose sliders

18. JoeMustang

JoeMustang Well-Known Member

yeah, I got one back from Asurion. It was brand new and Horrible. I sent it back right away. The Keyboard buttons were coming apart, the screen/slider clicked ( screen was lose), keyboard did not light up.

The one i have now, the keyboard still does not light up 70% of the time but other then that it is good quality and brand new. The screen is still a tad wobbly. My very First droid was the best in Build quality. Im not sure whats going on but the one i have now is acceptable and i can live with it. Nothing to really complain about really. Im just being picky.

Also the last 2 droids i had, the battery door is now Very tight. It's almost hard to get off now.