Replacement Droid X in hand.. what to do?

Last Updated:

1. Cetrian

Cetrian Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I just recieved my replacement Droid X in the mail. (Convinced VZW I needed a new model.) I haven't even powered it up.

My existing DX is running the ROM Manager version of the 2.3.9 leak.

Any advice on what I should do here? I could do the OTA on my original to see if I like it, and then send them back one with the updated bootloader ;) Or I could just give up and do OTA on my new one. I am leaning toward keeping my new DX on the "bootloader train" by going 2.1 > 2.3.9 > 2.3.15 (tbh deodexed leak)

Any advice? I've never successfully gotten 2.3.15 running...

Advertisement
  2. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member

You have the right idea. Forget the OTA. Its useless if you ever want to have a potential of a custom rom later down the road. I went a step further and put Tranquility 2.3.5rc on.

3. Cetrian

What is the story on tranquility? How does it differ from the TBH 2.3.15 leak? How would I go about turning this 2.1u1 new Droid X into what you have?

Thanks in advance. :)

4. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member

Do the updates like you have... and after you do 2.3.15 you then dl tranquility 2.3.5 and install. Thats it. Just removes all the bloat for you. Thats really about it.

5. Cetrian

Well, I finally got it to work - I forgot about the mounting \system part in clockwork recovery. Anyway I got Tranquility 2.3.5 loaded on top of 2.3.15, but the damned thing won't connect to my exchange server. This is a huge deal breaker. Looks like I am going to hve to SBF (again) and start over, stopping at 2.3.15.

6. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member

I just stopped at the leaked 2.3.9 and I removed most of the bloat and customized my build.prop...everything is working perfectly so I don't wanna risk anything messing anything up now...