Replacement DroidX with new theme?

Last Updated:

1. amazinggrayce65

amazinggrayce65 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a new (refurb) DroidX from verizon and the general theme is different. The slide to unlock and sound on/off buttons are a navy blue now instead of grey and green and things look different in my gallery etc. I got the background changed but I can't seem to find if there's a way to go back to the other colors of buttons and whatnot. Also, in my settings, Sound and Display are separate and there isn't an option for themes under display. Only wallpaper.
    Can anyone help me?

Advertisement
  2. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

Was your old phone on 2.1? did you ever receive or download the update?
    Your refurb from verizon should be on android 2.2 system, I'm thinking your old one was still on android 2.1
    I could be wrong though

3. amazinggrayce65

amazinggrayce65 New Member This Topic's Starter

That is quite possible. I only had the phone for a month and a half, so I hadn't thought to update it.

Is there a way to change the settings for this, or am I stuck with the new theme?

4. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

if you are in fact on 2.2 right now, I dont think its a "theme" per se... it sounds like it is just how froyo (android 2.2) looks...
    the only way to really change the looks of the phone would be to root the phone then install a theme or ROM... but if you never rooted before, read read read read before you think about it. It does void your warranty.

amazinggrayce65 likes this.
  5. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

wait for it........

.....MUHAHAHAHAHA! You n00b!

Just Kidding. :)