Replacement Evo has weird volume buttonSupport

Last Updated:

1. geek_riot

geek_riot Member This Topic's Starter

Sprint sent me a replacement evo that is new but came in generic packaging. The volume button is weird though. It is very stiff. It sits higher than my old evo and when pushed it sometimes makes a sound like two clicks at once. It doesn't always happen. It feels very chintzy. Anyone else have the same issue? Also it came with 2.3. If I root can I just restore from a backup from my old phone?

Advertisement
  2. HoldFastHope

HoldFastHope Well-Known Member

I bought mine new at Best Buy last night and I noticed what you're describing on my volume button as well but it only does that when I press on the volume down button.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

What's the hardware version (Menu-Settings-About Phone-Hardware)? And pics would be nice so we can see what you are describing.

Oh and BTW, if it didnt come in a new retail box, its not new, its a refurb. New phones will always come in the original box with all the accessories.

4. geek_riot

I will post pics when I get home. The reason I thought it was new is because it shows no call or data time and has no entry under refurbished in the menu accessed via the dialer.

5. geek_riot

Hardware version 3.

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

pics?

7. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

You can restore a backup from the old phone to the new, you'll just have change the serial number for your nandroid