Replacement for a San Francisco? (ZTE Blade)

Last Updated:

1. blizeH

blizeH Well-Known Member

Hi,

My girlfriend is really happy with her San Francisco, I've offered to buy her a newer model, or even give her my iPhone 4 when I get a new one, but she always insists she's happy with what she has.

The problem is, the battery life now is starting to suffer, I think it's through misuse (she takes great physical care of it, but sometimes lets the battery run down to zero!) than anything, but I figured to save spending however much on a new battery (I'm guessing

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

The San Diego has gotten decent reviews. It's (I believe) the first released with an Intel processor. Looks to be free on contract. The HTC One S is also another great option. Pretty much anything new would be a great update for her.
    (if these are way out of your price range, I apologize, just looking at the Orange website)
    blizeH likes this.
  3. blizeH

blizeH Well-Known Member

Ah, brilliant - thank you! Looks like we can get the San Diego for
  4. breadnatty08

Not a problem. I'm always jealous with the phone selections you guys have across the pond versus our carrier restrictions here.
  5. blizeH

blizeH Well-Known Member

Ah, I never knew it was that bad over there!

Would importing one of the (many) cheap Chinese Android phones be a good option by the way?
  6. breadnatty08

I would say absolutely not! The specs may look good, they may be running ICS, but often times there's no support, they break down etc. If you're on a budget, a used phone from a reputable manufacturer is a good bet.
    blizeH likes this.
  7. blizeH

blizeH Well-Known Member

That's a great shout, thank you again! :)
  8. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor

Got the San Diego today. It's really good, very quick. Intel inside really makes a difference. Handsome little phone, good build quality. I sold my Samsung Note for it. The only downside is all the Orange crap on it. Might look to see if there is root info on XDA.