Replacement for Twidroyd?

1. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Been using twidroyd free version for quite a while now - only use it to follow a few people so i've never needed the features of the pro version. However, the most recent update has completely wrecked the tool with intrusive and distracting ads.

I have no problem with ad supported software in general, but if it's an app i use often i will tend to buy the paid version to support the developer and avoid wasting screen real-estate. However, the twidroid ads are so goddamned obnoxious and badly implemented (i honestly suspect that the original devs have quit and they bought in a code monkey to bodge the ads in) that i'm not gonna upgrade to twidroid pro on principle. To be honest i had fears that the app was doomed when this happened, and now it seems my fears were justified, so i'm out (seems i'm not the only one).

Can anyone recommend a decent twitter client? Dont mind if its ad supported, dont mind if its paid, just wanna know what people use.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Take a look at Tweetcaster. It impressed me enough that I sprung for the Premium version to support further development.
    daveybaby likes this.
  3. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

You could also give TweetDeck a try.
    daveybaby likes this.