Replacement for Twidroyd?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daveybaby, Nov 19, 2010.

1. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Software engineer
    UK
    Been using twidroyd free version for quite a while now - only use it to follow a few people so i've never needed the features of the pro version. However, the most recent update has completely wrecked the tool with intrusive and distracting ads.

I have no problem with ad supported software in general, but if it's an app i use often i will tend to buy the paid version to support the developer and avoid wasting screen real-estate. However, the twidroid ads are so goddamned obnoxious and badly implemented (i honestly suspect that the original devs have quit and they bought in a code monkey to bodge the ads in) that i'm not gonna upgrade to twidroid pro on principle. To be honest i had fears that the app was doomed when this happened, and now it seems my fears were justified, so i'm out (seems i'm not the only one).

Can anyone recommend a decent twitter client? Dont mind if its ad supported, dont mind if its paid, just wanna know what people use.

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Take a look at Tweetcaster. It impressed me enough that I sprung for the Premium version to support further development.

daveybaby likes this.
  3. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    UK
    You could also give TweetDeck a try.

daveybaby likes this.
Tags: