Replacement HousingSupport

Last Updated:

1. jesper10

jesper10 Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,

I bought am SGS off eBay, and despite it supposedly being in "as new" condition, it appears to have been dropped more time than Jordan's knickers, resulting in numerous dents and bashes...so not really "as new" afterall :mad:

Apparently I can't do anything about this through eBay, so I need to keep the phone, so really just trying to restore it to a good condition.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get an official SGS housing? I've searched all over but have had no joy so far!

Advertisement
  2. jesper10

Anyone?

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

There's a canada website that sells the back plate, but I can't remember what it is. It's by one of the network service company.

4. hippo_potamus

hippo_potamus Active Member

5. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

Yes you can. Its called a dispute. If the seller has sold you something and has miss described it then you are entitled to a refund through Paypal (taking it thats how you paid for it).

6. melll

melll Well-Known Member

wow OP seriously????

OPEN DISPUTE NOW

7. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

8. snapper.fishes

That's the one I was talking about.

Hope they start selling the white ones soon :D

9. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Would be tempted but if you had a white battery cover you'd still have black buttons, usb cover, plastic around the headphone jack, etc.

Not sure how it would look.

10. jesper10

Cheers for the replies guys.

I have opened a PayPal dispute, but don't hold great hope. The seller has responded by saying I caused the damage myself upon receiving the phone, which is ludicrous, but hard to prove otherwise.

I may just have to make do.

I should also add that I guess the reason he sold it in the first place is because the batter can't make it over 7 hours in standby mode without even being touched.

I charge it and unplug just before going to sleep, wake up in the morning (approx 7 hours later) and it's either < 5% or completely dead.
    Samsung have been great and sent a new battery out, so here's hoping that fixes it and it's not a software/hardware issue.

Last phone purchase from eBay me thinks.

11. melll

melll Well-Known Member

That really sucks dude. I know a person who wanted to buy an iPhone 4 from ebay, and in return got a iPhone 3G all scratched up and with no charger.

The buyer (my friend) opened a dispute, and PayPal gave him a full refund on the purchase.

There are a lot of scams being done nowadays on Ebay. Very risky.

Which is why you should do something like kijiji or craigslist instead.

You have to fight back and you'll get your refund, trust me.

Tell them the truth and dont back down easily.

12. snapper.fishes

The most recent leaked image of the Galaxy S (Not the Galaxy U) also has a black front, black home button, but white volume and power buttons. Not sure about the inside of the headphone jack.

13. Puttersea

Puttersea Member

I just put through a claim on ebay about a phone that was not as described and I won easily and that was about 35 days after the fact (found out it was a fake). As long as you meet the criteria outlined in the paypal dispute you should have no problem getting a refund. That is why it is set up that way. There are many factors that go into the dispute process though and it is hard to tell if you meet all those factors, but if you feel you do, I would be very persistant in my pursuit of this.

14. moofychops

moofychops Active Member

Hi,
    If you have claimed "Not as described" and explain why, you WILL win for sure. Remember when asked by E-bay to send it back., you send it by 1st class recorded post. It is the only way to prove you have sent it You will be asked to send E-bay the recorded delivery number from the receipt, so don't losxe it. lol
    Ron.