Replacement LCD in Europe?Support

Last Updated:

1. damchi

damchi Member This Topic's Starter

Sad story: My N1 committed suicide (advice: don't put your phone near the edge of a shelf with vibration on, or your N1 will take a nose dive, like mine did :( ). The phone still "works", but the display stays blank. I took it to a local repairman, who opened it up and he says the LCD display is dead.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement LCD screen (preferably in Europe?). I tried googling for "AMS369FG03-0", which is the part no. i believe, but all I'm able to find is some US volume B2B distributor and a bunch of pages on some spam domain. I phoned our local HTC distributor, who said they don't sell replacement parts and they won't take the GOOGLE Nexus one in for repair and that I should check the warranty card to see who does repairs for N1 (I've no idea, would probably mean I have to send it back to the US for repair, which i really don't want to do).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

well the screen is amoled for starters. and don't type in the model number cause that is tied directly to the manufacture screen, a replacement will most likely be a different number if made by seperate sources... check ebay though for parts...

do you trust your repairman? because it honestly sounds to me like the screen pins came loose on the ribon and maybe you jsut have to push it back in... idk

3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Repairs for the phone are handled by HTC UK in Milton Keynes, contact them on the number in the support thread at the top of the forum. They'll probably want a fair few quid though.

For DIY, I'd imagine eBay would be the best bet.

4. damchi

Just a quick follow-up. I gave up trying to locate a replacement LCD and got my phone repaired by HTC Europe. Total cost was ~146 EUR; shipping both ways: Slovenia - UK - Slovenia + repair.

5. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

Was that for an LCD replacement or was the repair more basic?

6. damchi

I think they actually replaced the LCD screen + did some other stuff. Check out the attachment.

Attached Files: