• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help replacement lock screen

Lockbot would have a double lock screen, it would show the regular lock screen then its own lock screen so youd have to unlock it twice, also whenever you hit the home button it would ask you if you wanted to set LockBot as your home from now on, even after you set your default home. With Lock2.0 i couldnt change the background image or theme.

Upvote 0
I have a problem with Widgetlocker. It works great if you don't use security lock. But if you turn on security then I have to: 1. Unlock the Widgetlocker slide 2. Unlock the stock DX slide (What? Why?) 3. Enter my security code. If I turn off security, it's great, but if I lose my phone, the finder will have access to everything, and that's not ok. Did you guys find a work around to the double-unlock with widgetlocker when security is enabled?

Upvote 0
Widget Locker....

snap20100811_123245.png

Upvote 0
I like WidgetLocker as well. The bugs that bother me are if the phone has been asleep for a while, WidgetLocker will disappear and the stock locker returns. When I receive a phone call, sometimes WidgetLocker is there, sometimes not. It did remove the lag from unlocking the phone and adding a few essential widgets is nice. Not sure if it's worth a few bucks though.

Upvote 0
Settings-->security--> uncheck Screen lock. Then click on security lock-->security lock type-->pick one (pattern or passcode)-->back, then security lock timer--->when display is off. exit

Now you will unlock just widget locker slider, then straight to your security code
Crud, it turns out that this is not good enough. This fixes the problem I asked about, but then I lose my "slide to answer" and then I get the pocket answer problem. Slide to answer goes away when I turn off "screen lock". I've tried every setting in widget locker to bring back slide to answer without turning android screen lock back on, but none work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones