Replacement phone. Do I keep paid apps?Support

Last Updated:

1. DjZephy

DjZephy New Member This Topic's Starter

My HTC droid incredible headphone jack did not work. I had around $35 worth of paid apps. Will I have to repurchase them on new phone? What if I backup the entire phone by copying and pasting all the files and folders on the internal hard drive and SD card onto my computer? Can I then copy and paste them back onto my new device and keep the paid apps? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. TonyG916

TonyG916 Well-Known Member

no...synced to google account

3. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

Nope, just make sure you use the same gmail account you did previously and they show up as purchased.

Just had to go through this last night, but I had already done a factory reset so I knew how it worked :)

Pretty easy

4. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member

As far as I know, they're tied into your gmail account, so as long as you register the same email address to the new handset then they should still be available to download again without paying twice. Not tried it myself, but that's what a few people have said on here.

EDIT: beaten to it!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

5. DjZephy

DjZephy New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks very much for your help guys! Now Im trying to run htc sync that i installed from my phone, the program runs and i click sync now on my pc and my phone and nothing happens! Any ideas? Thanks again!

6. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

You dont even need htc sync, when you get your new phone all you have to do is just dl the apps again. There is an app for backing up your apps though. Its called MyBackup and you don't have to pay for the pro until you actually need to restore your apps.

If your trying to back up emails and contacts with sync, I haven't played with it much, Verizon has it's own contact back up service for free and all my emails are on the network anyway. My phone could drop tomorrow and everything would be restored via the "cloud" within 1 hour. This whole cloud computing is neat isn't it!!! It's kinda funny how it quietly integrated with everything, and a little scary as well.