Replacement phone from Asurion question?

Last Updated:

1. 1evouser

1evouser New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my replacement phone in from Asurion and was wondering if I could keep the the old battery, that way I would have 2 batteries :D. I looked at the instructions and it says to place the damaged or defective phone in the envelope, no where does it talk about the battery or accessories, so technically I could keep the battery right? Also, the envelope is so small that there is no way I could fit the charger in it, so I guess I get to keep the charger. I was wondering if anyone has kept their old battery without any problems, I dont want to get charged the non refundable 500 dollars for not returning the battery. Any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

return the battery and the phone. its recommended to let the battery discharge before shipping.

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

about a year ago I had a phone replaced through Sprint insurance/Asurion, and I noticed the same thing as you. I thought about keeping the battery... but, I ended up sending the battery and phone back. However, I did keep the charger. I know its tempting, bud I'd just play it safe and send back the battery. You can find spare batterys for next to nothing online.

4. 1evouser

1evouser New Member This Topic's Starter

After reading the return envelope, it says to only return the phone not the battery or accessories. So I can keep the battery and charger :D. So to any body that breaks their phone and puts a claim through asurion keep your battery and charger.

5. batgeek

batgeek Banned

my puppy ate the battery and the SD card in my gf's Epic, so i didn't even have a chance to send those back with the phone.

6. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

I just did an exchange about two months ago, and the instructions said to return only the phone. It came with another SD card and battery in the package, so I now have a spare of each.

Now if only I had an external charger for that other battery...