Replacement phone is...worse?!

Last Updated:

1. Scottyent

Scottyent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I went in today to see if I could get a new battery because my battery was lasting about 7 hours with very little usage. So, after I spoke with an incredibly rude "tech" about the issue, she said well talk to customer service and they'll see if they can replace it...turned out she was also my customer service person 5 minutes later. She replaced the whole phone because she said within 30 days the only option is to replace the phone, no batteries (even though people on this forum have gotten batteries only?)

So my new phone is build 40/09, my old one was 41/09....

This phone has very purple dedicated keys which I don't particularly like, but battery life is much better and when they keyboard slides out it locks in straight (the old one locked in slightly crooked which i didnt really care about, but its a nice fix). What I'm now concerned about is the fact that Activity Home is force quitting pretty often, and my phone is locking up. It just reset while I was sitting in class, and thats the first random reset I've experienced. I almost regret trading in the phone just for a mediocre battery.

First question: Any number I can call? I know that verizon has their tech number, but I've read a few people directly calling Motorola specifically about the droid. Do they have replacement unit power? I just don't want to go back into Verizon as this was probably one of the rudest customer service experiences I have had in a long while (surprising because I like my store). Although I haven't decided I want to try and get it replaced, I might because its been less than 24 hours, with the Activity home force quitting about 6-10 times. A few times the phone locked up, and I couldn't unlock it, it was as if it was completely off. I had to do a battery pull to turn it back on. And now, it just reset. I was willing to deal with the force quits, but now its just turning into a pain while trying to use it.

Second question: Any trouble shooting that I can do on my own? Will a hard reset fix anything? I'd start uninstalling and reinstalling apps, but this happened before I downloaded anything.

Last question: When I got my new phone, setting and some apps were backed up online with Gmail and reinstalled when I got the new phone (awesome by the way, completely unexpected, did wallpaper, purchased apps, User dictionary, remembered my wifi networks etc...very cool) but it only remembered SOME of my apps, not nearly all. If I do end up getting a replacement, how can I sync right before switching them so all of that stuff is backed up and the switch is seamless? My auto sync in the power toggle menu is always on....

Thanks everyone in advance for the advice, sorry for the long post!

Advertisement
  2. Scottyent

3. Scottyent

Anyone?