Replacement phoneTips

1. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member

I decided to pay the $99.00 and get a replacement phone. The cracked screen on my Rezound seems to be getting worse day by day. I haven't dropped it in a couple weeks but I keep seeing more cracks. I can feel them every time I unlock my phone. Time to replace it.

Been awhile since I activated a new phone, just wanted some tips for getting everything from the old phone to the new. After I transfer everything I'm thinking of doing a factory reset to the old phone to get rid of everything on it.
    I'll transfer the Sim and memory card, and I think everything else is backed up online?
    Any quick tips to make this an easy process and make sure I get everything I need?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

You can buy a screen replacement for about $20 on Ebay and do it yourself. I just did it on my fiance's Rezound. I did a pretty good job. The only thing is you will probably lose the 4 red LED lights since it is hard to line those up.

I think the savings is worth it.
  3. Smokey Joe

Smokey Joe Well-Known Member

Just make sure all your pics are put onto your SD card and phone #s are backed to google acct(not the phone). I just got a replacement last week or so and it automatically activated itself. Then I updated to ICS and then did a factory reset. THEN restored all my apps. Fairly painless process, just time consuming. Good luck! :smokingsomb: