Replacement phonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. newboyx

newboyx Member This Topic's Starter

I am on my 4th moment in 3 months. At what point do I push them to replace it with a different model? Do I have any basis for asking for a different phone? On the plus side, I might get one that has properly functioning WIFI.

Advertisement
  2. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

i would be pushing for a different model next time you need it replaced.

3. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

From what i've read by others in the same situation they are replacing them with the hero or the instinct but there have been a few rare cases of actually getting an equal (or better) phone.

newboyx likes this.
  4. newboyx

I assume if I push for a replacement they are going to push an Intercept at me. I have been debating if I should make the switch. It almost seems worth it if it doesn't have the data lockup issues. On the negative side it has a slower data connection. Maybe I will get lucky (doubt it) and they will offer something of an upgrade.

5. dntesinfrno

Honestly, my gf has an Instinct, unless you in an extremely strong signal area and are getting maximum 3g speed on a regular basis you wont notice the difference. Its minimal to say the least. The big factor being the screen size. I still wouldn't get it, just dont let the radio be a deciding factor.

6. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

I've seen more than a few reports here of people being offered Touch Pro's exclusively for Moment swaps, though I'm assuming they're Touch Pro 2's. Similar size, lots of features but totally destroyed by a antiquated recalcitrant OS that I wouldn't touch again with a 100' pole. If it sounds like I'm a little biased against WinMo, you've read correctly. Because there's no obvious successor to the Moment like there was from say a Touch Pro to a Touch Pro 2, the old game of complain to get a free (worthwhile) uprgade doesn't work well with this phone. The Intercept isn't an upgrade and is viewed by many to be a downgrade. There's no way short of being the best Sprint customer ever that you'll be offered an Epic.

newboyx likes this.
  7. newboyx

Getting the Epic would be sweet. Pretty sure that will never happen. Would you recommend going to a store to make the plea for a new phone, or calling customer service? I refuse to take a non-android phone. WinMo just won't cut it. I love everything about android, I just have too many issues with the Moment.

8. dntesinfrno

You stand a better chance at a 3rd party store of getting something other than the standard replacement(s) for the moment.

9. cheech4

cheech4 Well-Known Member

can u return a phone or have it replaced threw insurance if you got the phone threw a trade? reason why i ask i traded one of my 2 blackberries an old curve 8330 for the moment just so i can try android. if i were to have problems with the phone can i get a replacement.

10. speciala106

speciala106 Active Member

As long as you are paying the insurance they will service whichever phone is active on the account. At least that's how its always worked for me when I buy used phones that eventually need repair

11. pastafarian

Insurance is going to cost you $100, not to mention that using it to upgrade/change models is technically fraud (don't worry, I won't tell on you).

When it comes to upgrades, I've never had success dealing with Sprints phone customer support. They always take the hard line with me and say NO.

12. cheech4

i wasn't looking to take advantage and try to get a different phone. i actually like the moment, i prefer it over the evo and the intercept. epic on the other hand is sweet, but no i didn't want to try an upgrade just to replace if i were to have problems.

13. newboyx

received my replacement phone on tuesday. The tech recommended if I need another replacement that I should go with another model. According to that I should go with another model. According to him the official replacement is the intercept. But on a positive note, the intercept its now evdo rev a. It was a software issue , not a hardware issue. It has since received an update. was a software issue , not a hardware issue. It has since received an update

14. pastafarian

If the upcoming ME3 update fixes the data lockup issue, the Moment will be clearly superior to the intercept if just for the screen resolution alone.

15. cheech4

where did u here this?

16. pastafarian