Replacement question

Last Updated:

1. SkyyPayne

SkyyPayne Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well had a replacement droid sent to me since my 39/09 droid is on the fritz. The screen is basically unresponsive and of course the proximity sensor issue. Anyway, the one they sent me is a 49/09 and its really clean for being a certified refurb the only issue I have is the keyboard. I was one of the lucky ones to get a bubble keyboard and the new one is flat, but the plastic keys are all lifted on the edges to where you can take your fingernail and basically pull it/lift it off on more than half the heyboard. I promtply called vzw and they are sending out another replacement, but do all of the new droids have this keyboard issue? I'm not going to be happy if they send me another one with the same issue. I would love to get another bubble keyboard but pretty sure they don't make them that way anymore.

Any input greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. tominabox1

tominabox1 Well-Known Member

I noticed this on a couple keys on my keyboard (mostly in the Q/W area) but nothing major. Doesnt bother me enough to go through the trouble (since I got mine from Amazon)

3. SkyyPayne

SkyyPayne Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sent back the droid I got a few days ago, had them send me another one, only to have the issue even worse! All sides of almost every key are lifted, and when turned at an angle, there is a light leak under every set of keys. Can anyone confirm that it is like this with all the models? This was a 02/10 release. I must have rotten luck or my current droid is one of the best made models, and it is from launch day! The keys are bubbled, no separation between any of the keypads, the only issue is the touch screen and random reboots!

Advised verizon of this and they are sending me out another droid, the guy I talked with said they will keep sending me some until I get a good one... which is kind of pointless, waste of my time, waste of money for them, they should just send me a new one, but we'll see what happens with the next one!