Replacement Voice DialerSupport

Last Updated:

1. mattardo

mattardo Member This Topic's Starter

I have just gotten this phone and am very aggravated by the Voice Dialer. I use a blutooth headset, and use that because I work outside and my hands are usually sweaty or wet. The issue is that it's awful. It hardly ever hears me correctly, and without any warning it calls the wrong person! Very annoying at 7 in the morning, or 10 at night when you start dialing random people.
    I tried a different method, saying "open contacts" and it still dials random people.

The Google Voice App understands me perfectly when I use it for texting or email. Why can't this Voice Dialer?

Is there a way to replace the Voice Dialer with something better?
    Or is there a way to force it to confirm who I want to call?

I'd appreciate any help to this. I figured this phone would be better than my old Motorola's Voice Dialer (it couldn't even understand "yes" half the time), but boy was I wrong.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

3. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

4. mattardo

Thank you very much.. i m trying it right now. I cannot get it to open when i press the call button on my bluetooth headset though. I cannot find a setting for that e.ither. any ideas?

5. mattardo

6. mattardo

Call confirm works well but will not respond to voice accept dialog . Is this normal ? I m trying to avoid touching my phone when my hands are wet

7. beller

beller Member

8. markm2

markm2 Member

I'm personally a big fan of Vlingo from back in my BB days and use it a fair amount on my D2. It doesn't play nicely with my car's bluetooth for dialing, but works like a champ when I'm using my bluetooth headset. Give it a try.