• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacement X will it be a refurb???

In the end I would demand a new phone too, but it sounds like people often go through two or three replacements until they get a properly working phone. Having a refurbished phone that has been tested and working properly may not be so bad. Plus, it has only been two weeks, so it's not like it has been heavily used.

Once again though, with all that being said, I would still probably want the brand new phone, lol.

Upvote 0
I got my replacement phone too. It came with only the phone and not the original packaging. That being said, everything looked new including the screen protector on the screen. It had also been updated to the latest software version already.

Hey, checking back here a few days later - after receiving my brown box replacement:

• The phone has been perfect so far!
  • When I called VZW, they confirmed that the ESN showed as "new/unused" in the system. And they reiterated that they don't have actual "refurbs" yet.
  • My other concern was being able to sell this phone on eBay in a few months, with a box that has a different ESN. Not a concern anymore anyway because I just cut the label out for my rebate.

All in all, I think I'm good now. :)

Upvote 0
My replacement came in two days in a brown box with nothing but the cellphone. Not even a new battery cover!

Phone came with the pristine plastic cover that was aforementioned and so far has been performing flawlessly. I agree with the others who have said it may actually be better to receive a "Certified like new" device instead of a "Brand New" device because ours will more likely be perfect and tested for issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones