General Replacing free apps after update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smittythepig, Mar 4, 2010.

1. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    So i've heard that somewhere in the market you can find the apps you've purchased and download them again. Still can't find that. Nor can I find any place that will show me a list of the free apps i had downloaded. not sure if the latter actually exists. anyway, where do i go to find a list of my apps that have synced with google?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. A User Name

A User Name Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    New York
    I too had the issue where once I updated to 2.1 and visited the Market, I could not see any of my previous downloads.

Thankfully, I backed up my apps with Astro, but even when I restored, most apps did not install.

This is probably because most of the apps we had for 1.5 aren't updated to run on 2.1. I tried to search for ChompSMS and a few others, and they cannot be found in the Market for some reason. I think it's just that some of the apps we used aren't updated yet.

Hell, most of the apps I had previously were crap anyway, so more space on my phone without them! :cool:

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead
    VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    When you open the market hit menu and then downloads. Almost all of my apps showed up there after the update.

4. A User Name

Feb 3, 2010
    New York
    I tried that once I first access the Market after the update, and NOTHING showed up under downloads. It's all good though; half the apps were crap that I downloaded when the phone was new. :cool:

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead
    VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    See, it is a smartphone. It knew you didn't need those apps when it loaded. ;)

6. A User Name

Feb 3, 2010
    New York
    :D

7. Slugdoc

Slugdoc Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    The Bronx
    WHen I first hit downloads they were all listed there, once I downloaded an app, and returned to the Downloads screen, only the app I had just downloaded was there, and the rest were gone.

Gone, I tell you!!