• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help replacing glass

dalesponyrider

Jun 21, 2010
How difficult is it to replace the glass on the galaxy nexus? My daughters boyfriend accidentally knocked my phone off the table and the glass is broken. He has ordered me a new glass which has arrived with a couple of tools but I'm a bit nervous about attempting replacement. I could wait till the end of January when I will see him again and ask him to do it or I could have a go myself. Can anyone advise and/or give me a link to instructions?

^^^^ Great guide

It's not hard if you replace the Digi and Glass all together. If you have to just replace one of them then you have to take a blow dryer and heat up the glue holding them together and very gently pull the digi off the lcd. Doing this requires some finesse and can be a pain in the ass. Also, when putting the new lcd or digi in, you have to be careful not to get any dust on the LCD as it will stick out like a sore thumb once you get it all back together. The rest of the process is just screws and prying the housing off. Take your time, be patient and pay attention. It's not something that can be rushed. You should be alright if you do all that. Good luck ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones