Replacing Hero

Last Updated: 2011-08-17 20:45:59
  1. dan18ny

dan18ny Member

My hero has had a really cracked screen for a long time and without insurance, I have been reluctant to pay to get it fixed.But now with this open enrollment, I am hoping the Hero has been phased out and when I file a claim, to get an upgrade :D.

Has anyone heard of anyone getting an upgrade for their busted Hero?

Advertisement
  2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

You might get a refurbished Sprint HTC Hero. I am not sure if they would outright upgrade you to a newer handset, but they might.

If they did give you an upgrade, it would probably be to one of the more recent lower end handsets. I would try and select one that has a good development community if rooting and ROM flashing are your scene.
    dan18ny likes this.
  3. schmeekim

schmeekim New Member

I was in a Palm Pixi handset with Sprint and they replaced the phone 3 times in 3 months (refurb) and the last time I went in with the phone in my hand again, they told me I was not getting another Palm... they would replace it with a HTC Hero.... So, I would assume you would be getting a refurb HTC Hero and not an upgrade handset.;)
    dan18ny likes this.
  4. dan18ny

dan18ny Member

Thanks for the info fellas. I am going to sprint today and see what they can do for me. Hopefully things will work out for me somehow and I'll walk out with an HTC EVO 4G :)
  5. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

1 months ago 1 week before Evo3d release - My Hero Shot Craps.
    Took it in - got a nice Refurbed hero.
    DOUBT you get an Evo.....im just sayin'

You could....always ask them to Give you the early upgrade - Best Buy and the Shack are giving away Evos...

or....if you wan a new phone....buy one.