• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replacing moment with newer model??

mister_tu

Nov 11, 2009
So, my girlfriend is on her 3rd Moment. Each one has had a different problem, charger, mic, radio, etc. Once again, the phone is having issues and now it has to go back to the tech. I talked to Sprint and told them of this and they said it's possible to get a new phone of a comparable level (samsung transform, she did). However, she said it was up to the technicians' discretion.

Is there any rule/policy that I can mention that will get them to replace with a newer model? I know if they replace the phone, it will just be with another refurbished unit and we all know how bad these phones suck.

I've seen a few posts where people were offered either a Intercept which is a step down from the Moment IMO or a older than dirt Hero. I haven't seen any posts from anyone having success with a Transform swap, but good luck! I know many have tried to get a OptimusS, but I haven't seen anyone succeed. Maybe now that most of the Moments out there are past warranty, they'll be more forgiving to the remaining users suffering with balky phones. If you can't get a direct swap, maybe you can try to get an early upgrade? Might be worth a try. I hope you get a better device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones