• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

replacing phone dialer with keyboard instead of keypad, more BB like.

mrtimo

Dec 22, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I miss typing in someones name on my BB keyboard and then pressing their name to call them. Love the Hero though.
I know the hero can do this, but there are two things I dislike:

1. It uses a keypad not a keyboard.
2. The keypad takes up so much space that you can only see 2.5 names at a time, not 7 or 8+ like a BB. ( I know about pressing the button to remove the keypad to see more names)

Is there any way of changing #1 or #2 on my Hero?

Also,
What is the fastest way to copy someone's number and paste it in a text message to someone else? ...A task I seem to do more often than I would like. The send contact as a vcard is cool, but not all phones can read vcards.

What is the fastest way to copy someone's number and paste it in a text message to someone else? ...A task I seem to do more often than I would like. The send contact as a vcard is cool, but not all phones can read vcards.
In the contacts program, press and hold on the contact's number and select 'copy all'. Then paste it in your text message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones