Replacing Sense components.General

Last Updated:

1. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying a run without sense to hopefully relieve a lot of the lag problems I've been having. I know I should root, but I don't want to while I'm still under warranty and I'd like to give it a try without to see if I would like it without sense.

I have launcher pro installed with home switcher and that seems to have changed over fine(with one incident where my sense home came up). The problems I'm having are with the messaging and dialer apps. I've installed handcent and like it, but I still get the notifications for the sense messaging app, so now I get two every text messaged. Also I've installed Dialer one, but the green phone button still fires up the stock dialer. Is there any way to fully replace these parts without rooting? I also really want the calendar app back, is the launcher pro one similar enough? I like seeing the whole month and being able to scroll with just the widget.

thanks,
    -Keith

Advertisement
  2. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

go into your stock messaging app and hit menu, then settings then uncheck notifications.

i dont think anything else will stick as long as youre stock. need to root.

3. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That seems to have worked, thanks. It would be nice if I could switch the dialer over too, since that is my main source of frustration, however just removing the sense home seems to have helped the lag significantly.

-Keith