Replacing sprint voicemail app with google voice

Last Updated:

1. kserge5534

kserge5534 Member This Topic's Starter

Ive installed Google voice, and plan to use it only, however I cant get the default voicemail app to stop starting itself in the backround. Is there any easy way to prevent it from starting to save battery/memory?

Advertisement
  2. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

3. kserge5534

kserge5534 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the response, and I understand that open apps are not always using power. However, isnt that specific app going to keep looking for new messages from time to time, thus using power? Is it worth killing the process in the settings/apps/running processes menu, or will that cause issues?

4. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Because my phone was set up initially for Google Voice and not Mail, it does not sync with the the Sprint server at all. In your situation, I would assume that Voice will disable the Mail setup, however, I am not sure.

You can probably confirm this by going to your Mail app and see if it asks you to first set up the pop3 or server info. If it does, then there is no sync set up to use a process.

You can redo your setup again (see your list of program, it is in there). If you get rid of the Mail app, it should not show up when you redo setup. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to do other than a full hard reset. That might be the only way to remove the Mail settings otherwise.

5. RTan

RTan Well-Known Member

No. The Sprint's VVM App downloads new voicemail message only after receiving a SMS notification. Otherwise, it just sits there doing nothing (no network activity) unless there is a pending message (unsent message).