Replied to one SMS, and my reply showed up on another person's SMS stream?Support

Last Updated:

1. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was replying to an SMS on my Evo (running stock ROM, rooted via Unrevoked 3.21). After I sent the reply, when I went to review my SMS, my Evo showed my SMS had been sent to another SMS thread & person (which was one down from the most recent SMS thread).

I was shocked that I had made such an error, and was going to recompose my SMS again to reply to the correct person.

Then I received a reply SMS to the outgoing SMS I had sent earlier, but from the the person I had intended to send. So my SMS had gone to the right person, but the SMS is showing it as if it went to another person... :confused::confused:

Anyone else had this happen?? This is bizarre!!

Visualize:

SMS thread #1 ) Person A sends me SMS.
    I intend to reply to this person, and composed my reply & press SEND.
    Person A replies to my SMS, which shows here that they got my outgoing SMS.

SMS thread #2 ) Previous SMS thread from person B.
    My reply to person A shows up in this thread.

WTF???

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

the only time I have seen this happen to me person 1 and 2 were husband and wife...and had each others numbers listed in facebook...and when facebook synced phone numbers both wife and husband's numbers were listed on wife's contact and both numbers were listed on hunsband...the default for husband was wife's number so I thought I was sending him messages ....but when they went through they showed up as going to his wife. i went in and deleted the excess numbers in each persons contact card but it sure confused the heck out of me