• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic Somebody, Help! Unlock codes does not work!

prokher

Lurker
Sep 11, 2009
I bought two HTC Hero on eBay (in UK), they ware marked as unlocked. The first works OK with my operator, but second one asks unlock code. I contacted seller and he gave me unlock code. It doesn't work. I bought unlock code on "www.unlock-now.com" and it is the same code. The phone is locked to orange network.

Here the detailed description of the bug:
I inserted my local sim card, turn on the device, it asked "SIM network unlock PIN. To make an emergency call... bla bla bla". I entered unlock code I bought and press "unlock" it said "network unlock successful". After that it allows "emergency calls only", and if I try to call somewhere it said "Not registered on network." In "Settings/Wireless controls/" "Mobile network" item is grayed (as well as two above it). Firstly I thought that it is problem with my sim card. I tried two different sim cards (of two differen providers) all the same. If I insert orange sim card everything works excellent. If I reboot device with non-orange simcard inside it asks unlock code again.Actually if I just enter "00000000" it will say "network unlock successful" too, so It looks like this message means nothing.
Additionally when I restored to factory defaults. It requested unlock code again, after I entered it it print dialog box "Unlocking sim card.." and that is all. I waited for about on 15 minutes - no progress. (

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones