repopulating contacts with replacement phone

Last Updated:

1. jdb

jdb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did a quick search, but came up empty. I drowned my droid and got my replacement today, but I can't get my contacts to show up. Do I need to mannually do it or am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Your contacts should be saved to your Google Account - log in to your Google account (or Gmail, which is actually faster) and verify that they are there from a PC / different device.

If you try to log into your phone with a different Google account then you previously used, the contacts will not be there - but you can export them from the original account and import them to this account, and then they will populate on your phone.

If you just activated it, it may take some time - it is not instantaneous - even on WiFi.

Finally, if the account you were logged into on the phone has no contacts associated with it, then you may have to contact VZW immediately to hold your phone so you can go back and have them pull them from your old phone and push them onto your replacement.