• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Report damaged or lost with Sprint Asurion insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isocene

Lurker
Aug 2, 2011
My wife and I just moved from AT&T to sprint about 6 weeks ago. We both got HTC Evo 3Ds. Wonderful phones(I had an iPhone).

Unfortunately, my wife dropped the phone and cracked the screen. We didn't have insurance on the phone but I didn't think it would be a big deal to replace the screen. I had done it on my iphone a few times.

I got the screen from repairsuniverse for $60 and took the phone apart to replace the screen and got it down to the point where I had to separate the cracked screen from whatever was underneath it. It seemed like there was more to it than what was listed for the Evo 4G instructions(I couldn't find a screen replace guide for the Evo 3D) and ended up giving up and putting it back together.

It still works and she uses it gently. I found out Sprint was still offering the insurance even if it was past the 30 days so I signed up last week.

My question is, since I opened it all up to replace the screen and took off the stickers, should I send it in as damaged when it's obvious I opened it up? Or should I report it as lost?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

So, the advice you seek from Android Forum members is to either defraud or not to defraud.. to lie or to tell the simple truth.

It's up to you, but please don't try to find a majority here who will advise you to commit fraud.

276415832.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones