• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Report your 2.1 OTA error /bugs/complaints here.

For voice to text, I just downloaded the stock keyboard replacement with the microphone button from XDA.
I did get vlingo, and I will keep it. It is a nifty app, but I didnt care to keep going and clicking on an app to text people. XDAs keyboard is exactly what I was looking for.

Where did you find that?

Edit: Never mind, found it using the search like a good girl.

Upvote 0
(from stock 1.5 to 2.1 root, back to stock 1.5 and then "ota 2.1") ok, not complaining, but im pretty sure that i have the "forced ota", well i did the install myself fron the url that you guys got from the log. the signal problem its still there, it looks like i have a metro pcs phone only showing one or two bars, my contacs names, some of them have the name from their fb acc, so if i had a contact with a nick and i dont remember their real name a have to look for it. also the time for the weather app doesnt match with the phones time, so i dont know about that...

ohhh mi txt app (factory app) i feel it kind of slower and the market i can assure loads a lot slower than in 1.5, oohhh and no google earth for eris, damn!!!, no live wallpapers(well saves a little bat.). ill update if i find anithing else...

Upvote 0
My phone still has typing lag on 2.1, anyone have any suggestions?

The pages seem pretty quick, but the typing is horrid. I have the XDA keyboard mod on right now, but it worked slow before as well.

I installed the ota manual download, and then did a factory reset to keep things clean.

I now have poor signal meters, which I know is well known.

I have the 50% without signal bug.

And I do not know about the silent call yet.

My PRL is 51866, which I think is the one that is stuck with v3 leakers, but my bootloader is 1.47. I don't know if we have established that that PRL is doing anything wrong yet.

Upvote 0
My phone still has typing lag on 2.1, anyone have any suggestions?

The pages seem pretty quick, but the typing is horrid. I have the XDA keyboard mod on right now, but it worked slow before as well.

I installed the ota manual download, and then did a factory reset to keep things clean.

I now have poor signal meters, which I know is well known.

I have the 50% without signal bug.

And I do not know about the silent call yet.

My PRL is 51866, which I think is the one that is stuck with v3 leakers, but my bootloader is 1.47. I don't know if we have established that that PRL is doing anything wrong yet.
If PRL really is based on location, then it certainly cant be optimal for everyone all over the country to all be using that same one. However it doesnt seem to be based solely on location, as people living in the same house have reported having different PRLs. Im not sure anyone here knows exactly how PRL is determined. Seems like all guesswork to me, even from our most informed members.

As for me, my phone stayed on the same PRL from 1.5 to manual OTA upgrade. However at least in this area of my apartment, fluctuating signal bars is something I have always noticed. Yet I have never had any problems with reception during calls here. So... Im not so sure PRL is causing this problem, and not really sure about the 50% w/o signal bug either. I do have that now, but how would I ever know whether I had it on 1.5? I dont know if I can really say it is something new from the OTA.
Sorry I dont have an answer for your question. Reading your post just spurred these thoughts for me.
I also have the XDA keyboard with mic. and I do not seem to have lag on it, but it was never a problem I noticed on my phone anyway.

Upvote 0
I always put my app launcher in list mode so I can scroll through it via the right side scroll bar and see the letters. It makes it easier to find an app and it scrolls smoother that way. But since the 2.1 OTA every reboot makes it go back to grid mode. I hate it in grid mode.

how often do you reboot? .... i mean it is not some hidden setting you just open up your apps list and hit menu... really quick.

if that is the only thing you can find to complain about then you are one of the lucky ones ... just be happy with what you have. :rolleyes:;)

Upvote 0
OK now my battery is showing 97%. I have not used the phone at all since taking it off the charger at 8. After holding steady at 99%, suddenly it does seem a bit more rapid than usual for me considering my lack of use so far.
I am still thinking just like with the phone brand new, battery life gradually improved after a few days. Im kind of expecting/hoping the same thing is going to happen again.
So I guess the verdict is still out for me, but Im not totally worried about this signal bug quite yet. Giving it a few days.
Even then, if it does happen to suck, what can you do? Everyone will have this bug, and I think a patch would have to be sent out at some point anyway. So... guess you just gotta live with it either way till then.

Now down to 94% in only 2 hours with absolutely no use. what the??? LOL oh well, well see how this goes.

Upvote 0
For voice to text, I just downloaded the stock keyboard replacement with the microphone button from XDA.
I did get vlingo, and I will keep it. It is a nifty app, but I didnt care to keep going and clicking on an app to text people. XDAs keyboard is exactly what I was looking for.

Also if you want the mic on your keyboard you can get Better Keyboard. just type better key board in search at 4shared.com - search and download music, video, photo, files, for free

Upvote 0
FWIW - My HTC Weather app crashes since the OTA update. Widget works fine - just the app when I try to launch it.

Also noticed the 2.1 update on my wife's Eris doesn't include the same wallpapers that are on my 2.1 Incredible.

Check out my thread about the widget in 2.1...i posted a fix that i figured out! :)

Reactions: CampD
Upvote 0
how often do you reboot? .... i mean it is not some hidden setting you just open up your apps list and hit menu... really quick.

if that is the only thing you can find to complain about then you are one of the lucky ones ... just be happy with what you have. :rolleyes:;)

lol, it's a complaint of his and mine as well. it's just a tad annoying, that's all! i switch to list every time. it usually only goes back to grid when i accidentally end sense *oops lol* or reboot the phone. no biggie, but list is so much smoother to scroll through than grid!

Upvote 0
the only problem I'm having is the phone not displaying my signal correctly, hasnt ever since I installed the first leak.....its just kinda annoying, oh and some dialer lag when i go to type in a phone number, sometimes the occasional keyboard lag, sometimes no audio coming from the phone when i'm playing music in my car.

Upvote 0
From leaked 2.1.3:

1. Contact picture slow to show up when phone rings.
2. Black screen slow to refresh when taking phone from ear during conservation. A few times, does not refresh at all.
3. No correlation between signal bars and signal.
4. 50% non-issue.
5. Voice dialing does not work. Did it ever?

Maybe more, but my old brain doesn't retain things very long. Who am I to complain about lagging? :(

Basically, I like the update. Agree with Frisco regarding phone quality before 2.1 and after 2.1.

Upvote 0
did manual install of OTA on my phone and wife's. my weather app force closes (dont use it anyway, i use the bulky weather channel widget. the htc one is never right anyway).

the wifes had about 60% of the htc widgets missing. did a cleardata (boot holding vol down, end and send) and it fixed the issue after wiping the phone.

Upvote 0
Market crashes.

Since I am having some battery troubles, I spent some time this morning looking through the market. I wanted to check for some new apps now that I have 2.1, and I figured in doing so it would drain some battery. Im figuring after a few charges it will hopefully settle in and start giving me about 2 days like it used to.
So while searching in the market a screen pops up, and disappears too fast to read any of the message, but then my screen goes black except for my notification bar. Then the HTC screen comes up as if it rebooted, I got a few seconds of loading sense on my homescreen, and back up and running then.
I wasnt done searching the market, so I went back in, and I got the same type of thing.
Both times it didnt happen until I was probably in there for about 10 minutes or so. I normally wont spend that much time in the market. Maybe never again. But, just something to note. It closes and basically kinda sorta seems like it reboots the whole phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones