Report your problematic apps!General

Last Updated:

1. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

We've all read about some apps messing with the phone and preventing it from sleeping, or screwing with notifications, or doing other undesirable things.

Report these apps here so that other people do not run into the same problems!

Advertisement
  2. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Brain Genius Deluxe.

Saying it murders your battery is an understatement. ( Uninstalled a week or 2 ago, so it may have been fixed. )

3. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member

Quick Settings will prevent you from being able to receive MMS messages. I also uninstalled and factory reset weeks ago so it may have been fixed by now.

4. scottie24

scottie24 Active Member

+1000. Quick settings destroyed the apn on both mine and my wife's phone. Developer was helpful until I sent him the log file showing the problem and never heard from him again.
    Had to return both phones for new ones.

5. scottie24

scottie24 Active Member

+1000. Quick settings destroyed the apn on both mine and my wife's phone. Developer was helpful until I sent him the log file showing the problem and never heard from him again.
    Had to return both phones for new ones.

6. scottie24

scottie24 Active Member

Sorry for the double post.

7. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have had to return the phone. A factory reset would have done the trick.

8. barrister89

barrister89 Well-Known Member

We need a droid help guide detailing bad or bugged apps entitled "Phone Bricking for Dummies" to help people like me.

9. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member

I have this "Quick Settings" app and it seems great, I am still getting my messages but I'm afraid it may be sucking the battery dry.

10. sparkdroid

sparkdroid Well-Known Member

I have also noticed a drain on my battery in the last day. The only apps I installed were Quick Settings, BattStatt, Tajm, and Extended Controls.

I removed BattStatt, Tajm, and Extended Controls widgets from my homescreen and the battery still appears to be dropping. I also, reduced the screen brightness to 30% to eeek out some more life.

It seems like Quick Settings may be the culprit.

11. jes0212

jes0212 Well-Known Member

The stock camera app is messing up on my incredible. It randomly returns to the home screen after taking a picture. I've done a factory reset and it still occurs. The only apps I have are : tfln advanced task killer beer pong Fb go chat,fml,Twitter. and poynt. Even a temporary fix would be nice till I have time to call VZW

12. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

I think you should say "Quick Settings CAN prevent, or MIGHT prevent..."

I have Quick Settings installed, and receive MMS files perfectly.

13. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

The only one that I have really had an issue with is the Incredible Flashlight. The dev started out and looked like he was on to something, It started out by being able to turn on the leds, but that rendered the camera function useless until you did a reboot. The next update added an amoled screen light option. After that the dev's update shedule was removed from his website, and no further updates were made. The whole point of being an early adopter for the app was that the price would go up (from $2 to $5) after he got it finished. Now he's not going to finish it (unless he does it after 2.2 is released, which has it natively) and anyone who purchased it is out the money. Stinks,:mad: but what can you do?

14. DPDAndroid

DPDAndroid Well-Known Member

FB post update..... Had to do a factory reset! My DI slowed to a crawl!

15. allyn

allyn Member

google latitude seemed to be a huge battery drain. i turned it back off almost immediately.

16. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

You should also report problematic apps TO THE DEVELOPER. Or Google if you think the app is malware.

PartyGurle and Sharondippity like this.
  17. JERSEYBOB

JERSEYBOB Member

I've been having some serious issues over the past 2 weeks with handcent SMS. It's been quirky as heck and force closing on me. I've even done a factory reset when I wasn't able to delete a thread of messages I suspected were too large and causing memory issues. Anyone else having problems with it?

18. jayDInc

jayDInc Well-Known Member

I'm going to add Slacker to the list. It's a background battery eater. I don't know what it is doing after exit but it'll chew through half my battery. (I don't use caching so it shouldn't do anything.) I can't use an auto-task killer because that kills it when I turn off the screen. So, I just kill it manually after I use it.

19. baileyjs

baileyjs Member

I've been using it for months and never had any issues. Are you rooted? Could something have run amuck with doing that?

20. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

handcent is really slow for me, especially switching between conversations

21. 91Firebirder

91Firebirder Well-Known Member

My handcent has been working fine. Although last week I found I was having an issue with ShopSavvy. It forces closed on me everytime I scanned a UPC. Dont use it that much but it is nice when i want it... hoping it gets fixed soon.

22. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Google Goggles is buggy now since they update to 1.10

When it was 1.0 it worked fine. Now, since they "upated" it, it had to have a REAL good data connection to work. Either a WiFi connection or a STRONG 3G connection or it will "Force Close".

Also, I've used Quick Settings since I got this phone and have had no adverse issues with it. I get MMS messages regularly and am able to send them without issue.

23. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member

Flightview Flight Tracker... Great app to track your flights, delays, etc. However it is constantly updating itself which prevents your phone from sleeping. I currently only download it from the market on the day I am catching a plane. Otherwise, it just eats up your battery for no reason.

24. Damien

Damien Active Member

Beautiful widgets has been FC'ing quite a lot recently..

25. icedrop

icedrop Member

Really liked the convenience of ESPN's Scorecenter app. But according to System Panel Monitoring it is constantly a very active app, whether it is being used or not. In the long run it ends up draining A LOT of battery power on a daily basis. Finally decided it wasn't worth it and uninstalled. Hope they fix this one day.