• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reporting bugs to HTC: do it!

novox77

Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
Jul 7, 2010
If you are having troubles with your Evo 3D, and you've already looked through this thread:
http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d...aq-having-trouble-your-evo-3d-click-here.html

you should consider contacting HTC directly through their email support website:

HTC Mobile Phones - Customer Service - E-mail Support

Please be as specific as possible, including the serial number it asks for toward the bottom of the form (found on the phone under the battery), what version of Android/Sense you are running (found at Settings > About Phone > Software information> Software number), and a detailed description of your problem.

If your problem is a known issue, meaning lots of other people are complaining about the same thing, please still submit the email with HTC so that they know that it is a widespread issue. This will help them prioritize their fixes.

If you're not sure if your problem is worthy of reporting, feel free to use these forums to bring it up, and members can chime in to see if it's something that can be fixed or if there's really a problem with the phone.

It does appear that these early software builds for the Evo 3D are buggy, so I'd encourage more people to report their issues to HTC.

Thanks to jamexman for originally bringing this up (see post below).

From GODS mouth to HTC's Ears, HTC put a plugin update for the flashlight this morning, check your HTC app you will see the new Flashlight app added.

To anybody having issues or discovering bugs, justo go to HTC's website and send them an email. Their customer service is outstanding. They will asign a ticket for you and contact for more details quickly. I just reported the.missing flashlight and they now about it. Also.reported the screen auto brightness not working and they are looking into it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
To anybody having issues or discovering bugs, justo go to HTC's website and send them an email. Their customer service is outstanding. They will asign a ticket for you and contact for more details quickly. I just reported the.missing flashlight and they now about it. Also.reported the screen auto brightness not working and they are looking into it.

Yes. I contacted them (as well as others) about the yahoo mail not connecting to our default mail and they responded way super fast and explained thoroughly what was going on. +100 to them!

Upvote 0
Still have bug with icons dissappearing after power down and up. Reported it as bug. Two different devices with same bug are clear sign that software is buggy! Fix it!
I thought to myself, "There has to be a way to restart the OS without physically rebooting the phone", so I found an app on the Android Market called "Fast Reboot". Whenever I lose icons, a physical reboot does not work, but when I run this app, the icons come back within seconds. It works like a charm!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.greatbytes.fastreboot

Simulates a reboot by closing/restarting all core and user processes and thus frees up memory. Your phone should be much snappier after using Fast Reboot.
DOES NOT ACTUALLY REBOOT YOUR PHONE, only the apps & processes. Does NOT require root.

Upvote 0
I thought to myself, "There has to be a way to restart the OS without physically rebooting the phone", so I found an app on the Android Market called "Fast Reboot". Whenever I lose icons, a physical reboot does not work, but when I run this app, the icons come back within seconds. It works like a charm!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.greatbytes.fastreboot

Simulates a reboot by closing/restarting all core and user processes and thus frees up memory. Your phone should be much snappier after using Fast Reboot.
DOES NOT ACTUALLY REBOOT YOUR PHONE, only the apps & processes. Does NOT require root.

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have sent HTC several emails regarding the fact that my phone will not receive emails about four days after programing them into my phone. I also tell them that this is a wide spread issue as I see this same topic on every android forum. They want to pretend it isn't happening and suggest I use a third party mail app. This made me even more upset. I didn't purchase a $500 phone to be required to load third party apps to do something the phone is suppose to do from the get go. They then send my request to escalations. I have been in touch with Sprint's escalations dept several times and usually get some type of action from them. They told me I would receive a phone call from them within a 24 hour period. Three days later and no call, I sent another email stating my email issues. Then the email from escalations comes and they suggest I perform a factory reset. How come every tech you speak to about a phone problem they always want you to turn the power on and off and see if your problem is corrected? Then if that doesn't work it is time for the " factory reset" , we all know that is a cure all for everything. I explained to them that I have already done this three times with the same result each time. It doesn't matter if I delete the email accounts and reprogram them in, or if I do a factory reset and reload the email accounts when the phone powers up. I will receive emails for two or three days and then it will stop receiving mail all together. Yesterday when the update came through I received a phone call from escalations. They asked me what my problem was. I guess they can't read. I told them and explained that I had just done the reset but I had no faith that I would be receiving my emails on the fourth day. All I heard was " Great, we are glad your device is working properly, just know we at HTC are to serve you if the need arises, good day " .
Whatever.

NCH

Upvote 0
Okay,MY friend and I are both on Sprint network. She has a rumor touch and mine is HTC Evo 3D. She sent me a video MMS once and an Audio MMS recently both of which are not more than 1 MB and they have a file format of .QCP when I look at them. But I cant play/open them. I tried to save the file so that I can tranfer it my computer and probably install a software to play that but still I cannot. The phone says "file saved successfully" but I cant find them in the downloads folder or in the gallery.

I know QCP is just a generic file format. I tried installing a few players from android market like real player/vlc/quicktime but none of them allow me to play the message on my phone too. But the pictures i send and receive as MMS works fine and we are able to see it !

Can anybody help ?

Upvote 0
Its your review time (usually 3 seconds)...if the photo looks really blurry (3D) its because you are trying to view that photo at a different angle that what you took it at. Remember you are using two lenses and angle is VERY important. If you move your phone around while you are viewing the 3D pic, you should find the sweet spot where the two photos line up right and make a clean 3D photo/video. Your eyes/screen/lenses are all working together here...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones